Monday, June 12, 2006

Oilers lose game 4... and now will lose series in 5

Well...

With the series on the line, all the "powerful" Oilers offense could muster is 1 goal. Way to find a way win guys!

As far as I'm concerned, this series is over. On wednesday night, game 5 will be played, and I will be in front of my TV watching... the DVD's of the first season of Rescue Me. The fact is, the Oilers will not win 3 games in a row. They won't even bring this series back to Edmonton. They can't. Not with their offense as sloppy as it is right now. So, here it is: Congratulations to Carolina on their upcoming Stanley Cup win and to Rod Brind'OverratedSucker on his Conn Smythe trophy. But let's never forget: in their first series, they had to poke out Saku Koivu's eye to win. Against Buffalo, they needed the Sabres to lose 4 defensemen in the series to win. And against Edmonton, they had to wait for Roloson, the backbone of the team, to be out of the series to take control of it. So you know what, I take back those congratulations. This is a Stanley Cup they will have won but never merited.

I'm done talking about hockey here until the Free Agency period begins. Next post will deal with England's world cup chances.

See you later kids.

Dwarf out

3 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger The Dwarf said...

Veillotron and Babe...

If I have made the decision to not watch game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals, it's because that is what's best for my health. After last night, my TV is now imprinted with a nice scratch and I need a new remote control cuz mine is shattered. I can't watch anymore of this without becoming dangerous.

And anyway, I plan to turn my full attention now to Beckham's bunch. Michael Owen had a rough outing in the first game, and he needs my full support.

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, i've been watching highlights of that fellow ronaldinho, and i must say, all those facts about chuck norris roundhouse kick can also be apply to him....my goodness, it's like watching everybody in slow motion but him in normal speed.....to my mentor, i don't think they're overrated....the dude is that good

 
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

to dwarf,

hang in there buddy, i know the feeling.....remember when mcnabb chose the biggest stage of his career to make 2 beautiful pass in the superbowl? too bad those passes were thrown to rodney harrison....yep, i know all too well the powerless feeling of watching your beloved team turn into a bunch of pantsies....those damn



finally, i expected big things from japan...bloody hell, losing a 1-0 lead in 10 min...that's like losing a football game on the last kickoff after a touchdown, having it return for a TD, and have a 2 points convert on your arse.....

those damn japs, first WWII, now this.........

 

Post a Comment

<< Home